Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hemingway Extra-Credit

When leaving home for an extended period of time one may experience many changes and thus realize that the response of those around you upon the homecoming may be less than desirable. In my own experience, I have left home and not for the first time in a long while am back home. As i thought my experience may e somewhat seamless, I quickly realized that my homecoming was not full of joy. It took a lot of work and adjusting to settle in and transition into life with the people I care about again. The change was caused by time and people shifting and adjusting to the surroundings that had been disrupted. My experience helps me to quickly associate with Krebs because I see how one can take the conflict and turn it into a constructive situation or crumble under the disappointing response of family and friends and thus farther alienate oneself.

No comments:

Post a Comment